Blood of Evil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood of Evil

Home of the Best MMO Guild

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Heya guys(and gals)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zachdude
Forum Raider
Forum Raider

Heya guys(and gals) Empty
PostSubject: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:16 am

Sup all I had a notion to say whats up to everyone and the old site was down. If you guys are ready to stop using a free host I can set up a site for you on my web host account. Just give me a shout!

But if you don't remember me I played Runes of Magic for a bit but got a little pre-occupied with RL stuff and told them they could give my spot in the guild on the game to someone else because there was a cap in guild members if I remember correctly. But I'm back here. I've actually been playing Warhammer Online again lately. But I'd love to start playin RoM again. I'm sure you guys are probably near end game levels by now though.

But seriously if you want me to host a site for you just tell me. I can use PHP-Nuke or (my current fav) PHP-Fusion and set up a really nice site. There would be no ads, no worrying about what happened to the old site.

Hope to see some of you in vent or in game soon.

Lates,
Zach

EDIT: I also have no clue what my character name was, what my account name is... All I remember was that I was a Mage/Priest... Once I start playing again I'll probably just make a new character.... more than likely a warrior, or one of the melee classes. And if you don't remember me, that sucks, that means I didn't leave a very good impression. :-/
Back to top Go down
Zerosfate
BoE Fever
BoE Fever
Zerosfate

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 7:09 am

Lol Zach we remember you. I remember you making a post about your leaving of RoM due to RL problems as well. Hmm.. I'm not well versed in making Web-pages so I don't know how those sites will fare. I would say leave it up to sheik since he's the one who chose this location.

BUt to the part of you coming back to play with us, that would be awesome if you can. Lol most of us are End-game level (the ones who've stayed), and other members are slowly reaching End Game lvl. If you want advice tho.. I would say stay Mage or priest main. why? because we <3 those and Mages atm are POWERHOUSES. If geared up correctly, they can solo instances that would need a full party for. But if you wish to go Warrior that's fine as well. I mean they have a decent amount of defense and have a great DPS. Whatever fits your playing style Bud ^^
Back to top Go down
zachdude
Forum Raider
Forum Raider

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:47 pm

Zerosfate wrote:
Lol Zach we remember you. I remember you making a post about your leaving of RoM due to RL problems as well. Hmm.. I'm not well versed in making Web-pages so I don't know how those sites will fare. I would say leave it up to sheik since he's the one who chose this location.

BUt to the part of you coming back to play with us, that would be awesome if you can. Lol most of us are End-game level (the ones who've stayed), and other members are slowly reaching End Game lvl. If you want advice tho.. I would say stay Mage or priest main. why? because we <3 those and Mages atm are POWERHOUSES. If geared up correctly, they can solo instances that would need a full party for. But if you wish to go Warrior that's fine as well. I mean they have a decent amount of defense and have a great DPS. Whatever fits your playing style Bud ^^

My webhost is very stable. I have had no problems what so ever with them. I have a hosting plan with www.sbhostingsolutions.com

I have the standard hosting package:
FEATURES

Basic

Standard

Pro

Monthly Price

$4.95

$9.95

$24.95

Disk Space

5000 MB

10000 MB

30000 MB

Bandwidth

50000 MB

100000 MB

300000 MB

Hosted Domains

Email Accounts

unlimited

unlimited

unlimited

MySQL DBs

unlimited

unlimited

unlimited

Domain Pointers

unlimited

unlimited

unlimited

Subdomains

unlimited

unlimited

unlimited

Dedicated IP*

No

Yes

Yes

And plenty of room. Website(unless you get your own domain... Only like 10 bucks...) would be something like bloodofevil.alienenforcer.com or you could do that cc.com thing and get a free domain... but they are only like ten bucks. If you wanna look for one use GoDaddy.com because some websites when you look them up, if you don't buy it, they do and then sell it for a rediculous amount of money.

This would also let you guys use as much customization for the site as you want as you can mess with the files yourselves. And don't worry I can help out if you need it.

As for PHP-Fusion, here is an example, this website I run for Alien Arena(a free arena shooter game): www.alienenforcer.com

I don't wanna step on any toes but I would strongly suggest this, PHP-Fusion is great and there are a ton of Mods for it to add pretty much anything you want. I also have these which I can have for free with my domain package:

Aardvark Topsites5.2.1statistics
Advanced Guestbook2.4.4guestbook
Advanced Poll2.0.8poll/survey
b2evolution2.4.5blog
Code Igniter1.7.1framework
Contact Form1.3modemail
Coppermine1.4.21gallery
Coranto1.25.1framework
Crafty Syntax Live Help2.15.0support
CubeCart3.0.17e-commerce
Drupal6.10cms
Feed On Feeds0.5rss
Flat Calendar1.1calendar
Gallery 11.5.10gallery
Gallery 22.3.0gallery
GBook1.6guestbook
Help Center Live2.1.7support
iTron Clock1.1clock
Joomla1.5.10portal
LimeSurvey1.81poll/survey
Magento1.3.0e-commerce
Mambo4.6.5portal
MediaWiki1.14.0wiki
Moodle1.9.4education
Noah's Classifieds3.2.0adverts
ocPortal4.1.9portal
OpenX2.8.0adverts
osCommerce2.2 RC-2ae-commerce
osTicket1.6rc4support
PHP-Nuke8.0(p3.4)portal
phpBB3.0.4forum
phpCOIN1.6.0invoicing
phpESP2.1.1poll/survey
php File Manager0.2.5files
phpFormGenerator2.09fforms
PHPLinks2.1.3.1bookmarks
PHPlist2.10.9email
phpMyChat0.14.5chat
phpMyFAQ2.0.12faqs
PHProjekt5.2.2groupware
phpShop0.8.1e-commerce
Pivot1.40.7blog
PostNuke0.764portal
Power File Manager1.0.1files
Search Engine Project0.941search
Simple Machines Forum1.1.8forum
Simple Poll1.2poll/survey
SiteBar3.3.9bookmarks
Site Recommender2.3email
Soholaunch4.9.3r19cms
SugarCRM5.2.0csupport
WebCalendar1.2.0calendar
WebCards1.3f2e-cards
WordPress2.7.1blog
XMB Forum1.9.11.05forum
Xoops2.2.3aportal
and here are the standard features:

Heya guys(and gals) Tick PHP 5
Heya guys(and gals) Tick Perl 5.8
Heya guys(and gals) Tick MySQL 5
Heya guys(and gals) Tick .htaccess Support
Heya guys(and gals) Tick Log file access
Heya guys(and gals) Tick FTP Access

Heya guys(and gals) Tick PHPMyAdmin
Heya guys(and gals) Tick Hosting on reliable Linux servers
Heya guys(and gals) Tick Cron jobs
Heya guys(and gals) Tick DirectAdmin Control Panel
Heya guys(and gals) Tick Web Stats
Heya guys(and gals) Tick URL Redirects and Custom Error Pages
Heya guys(and gals) Tick Pop3 and IMAP email access
Heya guys(and gals) Tick SpamAssassin
Heya guys(and gals) Tick Anti-virus email scanning
Heya guys(and gals) Tick Web mail
Heya guys(and gals) Tick Fast Account Activation
Heya guys(and gals) Tick 24/7 ticket based tech support
Heya guys(and gals) Tick Downloadable Backups

Again I would definitely let you guys use this, I have had free sites go out on me before too, and thats what triggered my buying of a pay web host. It'd be my way of saying thanks, you are all very nice people, and I kinda felt like I fit in nearly as soon as I joined how ever many months ago.

Peace for now,
Zach
Back to top Go down
Aoriu-DarkSheik
Admin
Admin
Aoriu-DarkSheik

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:32 pm

I was actually looking into this and 3 other pay sites 4 days ago because of the whole free thing.

But also thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
zachdude
Forum Raider
Forum Raider

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:31 pm

Aoriu-DarkSheik wrote:
I was actually looking into this and 3 other pay sites 4 days ago because of the whole free thing.

But also thanks for the info

So is that a yes or a no?

You understand I'm offering to host the guild website for free right? Like I already pay for it... and have tons of room left over... All I do is host my alien arena website, soooo.... yeah tons of free room, I would gladly set it up and I can give you FTP access to the BoE stuff.... then you can do whatever you'd like...

again, just give me a shout... Very Happy

EDIT:

And if thats a no, make SURE you DON'T buy your domain with your webhost, they charge you a SH*T ton to renew them, my Xbox clan did that, and ended up paying like $100 a year just to keep our domain name. That doesn't include the $20+/mo for the actual host, so you REALLY have to watch what host you use. If you want any help with this just ask me, I've been messin with this stuff for a couple years now.
Back to top Go down
Aoriu-DarkSheik
Admin
Admin
Aoriu-DarkSheik

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:14 pm

Its not a yes or a no. And here is my reason why.

For one I will be moving off to Japan in a few years and when I do I can no longer be guild master here. When that happens someone else would need to take over. So for that reason its needs to be easy to transfer rights and stuff to them.

Next reason.

I am the only person in this guild that will 100% be here and never leave,quit,be away longer then 1 week, etc. So for that reason I am unsure of doing something under someone who could just wake up one day upset and they can just say f*** BoE and pull the plug. That is my main concern. I been f***ed before and I dont like when it happens. I'm sure you understand my point on that.

And lastly I'm not rushing it since I have tons of time before I have to resign as Guildleader.
But on a good note when I do leave to Japan I'll start the guild over there XD.

And I'm not saying I dont like ya since last we spoke it wasn't bad just saying over the years I been doing this it gets harder and harder to trust people and/or find people who don't wake up with bad moods and f*** me over.
Back to top Go down
zachdude
Forum Raider
Forum Raider

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Aoriu-DarkSheik wrote:
Its not a yes or a no. And here is my reason why.

For one I will be moving off to Japan in a few years and when I do I can no longer be guild master here. When that happens someone else would need to take over. So for that reason its needs to be easy to transfer rights and stuff to them.

Next reason.

I am the only person in this guild that will 100% be here and never leave,quit,be away longer then 1 week, etc. So for that reason I am unsure of doing something under someone who could just wake up one day upset and they can just say f*** BoE and pull the plug. That is my main concern. I been f***ed before and I dont like when it happens. I'm sure you understand my point on that.

And lastly I'm not rushing it since I have tons of time before I have to resign as Guildleader.
But on a good note when I do leave to Japan I'll start the guild over there XD.

And I'm not saying I dont like ya since last we spoke it wasn't bad just saying over the years I been doing this it gets harder and harder to trust people and/or find people who don't wake up with bad moods and f*** me over.

Yeah I completely understand man, I've had stuff like that happen to me before also... reason why I said I would only give you access to the BoE section... I gave someone a while back full access to a site... one day they got pi**ed because I said no to one of their ideas, and they went on and erased all my files...

But offer will remain until you decide something... or trust (not saying you don't trust me, but if your anything like me, I don't trust anyone really... but by saying "or trust" before I mean "More" trust.) or whatever... but yeah I understand, if you ever need any help with this site just let me know.

EDIT: I'll try to get online a little later... dunno what will happen for sure... GF is due home around 11:15 which is when I have to make food, and RoM is updating... taking forever... :-/
Back to top Go down
Aoriu-DarkSheik
Admin
Admin
Aoriu-DarkSheik

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:35 pm

Well you been gone a while so you have a s*** load of updates.

Anyway I would actully like to see how this site thing works so if you can when you are free *no rush* start it. I wanna see how well it is and if it gives me more control then this site.
Back to top Go down
zachdude
Forum Raider
Forum Raider

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:40 pm

Aoriu-DarkSheik wrote:
Well you been gone a while so you have a s*** load of updates.

Anyway I would actully like to see how this site thing works so if you can when you are free *no rush* start it. I wanna see how well it is and if it gives me more control then this site.

Well sure... There are A TON of mods for it though... and there are some tricks when making the panels. instead of using " you have to use ' within HTML tags... But I'll put one up with the basic mods I use, and what I think would be helpful to the guild. Then if you want I can get on Vent some time and answer any questions you have about it... And if you'd like I can "Customize" whatever theme you want to better fit the guild....

Do you know much about web design? I mean obviously the design perspective you pretty much have, but coding?
Back to top Go down
zachdude
Forum Raider
Forum Raider

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:32 pm

Alright I got it set up(didn't edit so it would show up as "New Post Added" or whatever...

Its here: http://www.alienenforcer.com/bloodofevil

Make your account and I'll give you admin rights for it so you can look at stuff...

Forwarning though, DO NOT under Admin then under the System admin tab, go to Infusions and "Defuse" either the aw-ecal, or Fusion Boards 4... Those are essential... You can however go to Admin Panel then go to the Infusions TAB, there you can mess with the Infusions or Mod settings.
Back to top Go down
Aoriu-DarkSheik
Admin
Admin
Aoriu-DarkSheik

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:07 am

i signed up but when i have to activate my account it goes to a yourdomain page and i see nothing to activate my account
Back to top Go down
zachdude
Forum Raider
Forum Raider

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:09 am

Ok give me a minute, I'll manually activate it, I forgot to mess with the registration settings.
Back to top Go down
zachdude
Forum Raider
Forum Raider

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:13 am

Try again... and join the chat on this site when you see this... I forgot to put an e-mail address in there for the admin e-mail... which you can change to what you want.
Back to top Go down
zachdude
Forum Raider
Forum Raider

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:46 pm

I can't really get back into RoM.... :-/

I've been playin Warhammer Online and I just need a more PvP oriented game... Same old questing and stuff just isn't as fun as it used to be anymore. At least to me. I just really need a group of people to play with or its dull... And (to me) the game kind of overwhelms you with quests.... And I hate doing the errand boy quests... I'd like to still stick around if another game comes up if you guys ever get into PvP or something...
Back to top Go down
Zerosfate
BoE Fever
BoE Fever
Zerosfate

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:54 pm

zachdude wrote:

I've been playin Warhammer Online and I just need a more PvP oriented game... Same old questing and stuff just isn't as fun as it used to be anymore. At least to me. I just really need a group of people to play with or its dull... And (to me) the game kind of overwhelms you with quests.... And I hate doing the errand boy quests... I'd like to still stick around if another game comes up if you guys ever get into PvP or something...

we call this game.. i think Aion? yea... lol. I know this time we goin to be back in a PvP server. I'm glad on that on some points.. but the other part of me eh... with me playnig a "cleric" there's not much PvP fun to be had.. unless.. I have a badass build to even rip through gladiators.. now that would be something O_o
Back to top Go down
zachdude
Forum Raider
Forum Raider

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:37 pm

Zerosfate wrote:
zachdude wrote:

we call this game.. i think Aion? yea... lol. I know this time we goin to be back in a PvP server. I'm glad on that on some points.. but the other part of me eh... with me playnig a "cleric" there's not much PvP fun to be had.. unless.. I have a badass build to even rip through gladiators.. now that would be something O_o

I thought CrimeCraft, and Fallen Earth looked pretty cool, because I like shooters... but neither are even close to release as far as I know.... I know that when DCU comes out I'll be trying it at least....
Back to top Go down
FallenAngel
BoE Saviour
BoE Saviour
FallenAngel

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:30 pm

well, just cause we are on a PVP server does not mean that we are into PVP. Yes, we typically play on a PVP server, but we don't condone PVP. Personally, i would love for us to become a bit more PVP minded, as i freaking LOVE pvp.
Back to top Go down
zachdude
Forum Raider
Forum Raider

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:37 pm

FallenAngel wrote:
well, just cause we are on a PVP server does not mean that we are into PVP. Yes, we typically play on a PVP server, but we don't condone PVP. Personally, i would love for us to become a bit more PVP minded, as i freaking LOVE pvp.

What exactly do you mean by "Don't condone" because I mean like Warhammer, and DAoC's RvR... shit is wicked fun. Doing Keep sieges, taking battle objectives... and this new "Beyond the sands" zone sounds pretty cool... I just gotta rank up because its end game stuff for the most part...

But I always liked the alliance battles in Guild Wars, and certain scenarios of WoW were fun.... But WAR has something different.... I think for me its the aspect of open world seige's and taking a castle, having to defend your brethren while they use the Ram to break down the castle doors, then running in, and having huge battles....

I thought darkfall looked cool, I just don't know about it, sounds like all if you step an inch out of your alliance's zone, you get killed... Not exactly fun to me... :-/

I always thought huxley was gonna be cool, but that game is taking forever... Another new promising game looks like Global Agenda (I like shooters, an MMO shooter would be amazing)
Back to top Go down
FallenAngel
BoE Saviour
BoE Saviour
FallenAngel

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 6:25 pm

darkfall looked amazing to me, i will certainly be giving that a shot when i get the chance, but when i say we don't condone PVP, im speaking about non sanctioned events. If we are in a organized GvG or race war, or territory war, or anything that is setup that is fine, i mean that we do not support random PK. If i hear that you ganked some level 20 while he was collecting one of 200 herbs needed to get his crafting level up, i will come PK you myself. But thats only cause those are our rules. There was a point in Martial Heroes where i had soo much negative karma it was crazy...lol, i loved PVP, but its no fun to gank.
Back to top Go down
Zerosfate
BoE Fever
BoE Fever
Zerosfate

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:50 pm

...It is when they run their mouths =O take this scenario for example

Noob: ohh look, it's that crappy warrior. You suck
X: ?
Noob: Ahaha, omg dude you suck so much.. and the cool thing is that you can't touch me =) I know your guild rules. so sit there and take it my little nooblet
X: *rolls eyes* I mean.. really? >_>
Noob: I'm goin to kill your entire guild dude Very Happy
X: you keep thinkin that.
Noob: gettin mad? oh well suck it UP. you can't touch me!
X: Wanna bet?
Noob: bet XD

*X only takes 5 seconds killing him*

Noob: WTF!?
X: lol you seem fasinated with running your mouth
Noob: wait till i tell your guildmaster!!
X: be my guest, I'll even escort you to him. why would I perhaps? Oh because of the pretty little screenshots saying how your goin to "kill our guild" and all that jazz. SO have fun with that =D
Noob: f*cker..
X: ^^=b have a nice day sir

Lol but you get the jist of what I mean. I know thats bad since i've been here for years but sometimes.. they run their mouths a bit "too" much. I also know sheik says to restrain, but on a bad day, there's only so much that you can take.. ya know?
Back to top Go down
zachdude
Forum Raider
Forum Raider

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:03 pm

FallenAngel wrote:
darkfall looked amazing to me, i will certainly be giving that a shot when i get the chance, but when i say we don't condone PVP, im speaking about non sanctioned events. If we are in a organized GvG or race war, or territory war, or anything that is setup that is fine, i mean that we do not support random PK. If i hear that you ganked some level 20 while he was collecting one of 200 herbs needed to get his crafting level up, i will come PK you myself. But thats only cause those are our rules. There was a point in Martial Heroes where i had soo much negative karma it was crazy...lol, i loved PVP, but its no fun to gank.
Yeah, I would never do something like that. I would be suppa pizzed if someone did it to me, so why would I do it to someone else... Gotta go by the golden rule. Yeah, in WAR it's sanctioned PvP or RvR as they call it. I'm waiting for some stuff before I try WAR anymore, people say if you don't have a great graphics card once you get into T4 your screwed because if you have it on low settings you can't see the AoE spells that do crazy damage I guess. I'm going to start playing guild wars again with a friend, but I've been reading more about darkfall, so thinking I might possibly try that soon.... hopefully, I guess its hard to get a chance to buy it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heya guys(and gals)   Heya guys(and gals) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heya guys(and gals)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blood of Evil :: Guild Chat :: General Discussion-
Jump to: