Blood of Evil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood of Evil

Home of the Best MMO Guild

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Vent

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
suntaron
Noobcake
Noobcake

Vent Empty
PostSubject: Vent   Vent Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 9:04 pm

I think it's interesting that people equate Vent usage to how sucessful a guild is or is not, and leaving because not enough people are logged on the Vent. Silly! Vent is a great tool for instances, coordinating events, asking questions, or for those who hate typing but I don't see it as the end all be all of what makes a guild. I much prefer to type in chat than speak in vent, but that's just my personal preference. I also think, who in the heck wants to hear my voice all the time anyways - cause I don't always want to hear yours. :-)
Back to top Go down
Zerosfate
BoE Fever
BoE Fever
Zerosfate

Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vent   Vent Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:17 am

Lol while I have no clue on what events went on that brought about this event but I get ya. I figure it this way, someone has be gracious enough to shed some money out of their pocket to allow us to use Vent for the month. The least we can do is to take his/her's kind gesture.

I can type in guild chat ( been doin it for years), but I also can use vent. I say use when required, because people like sheik (no offense what so ever) do things that require him to type all day long and when he comes home, I can understand where you don't want to type anymore.

Fun fact: You can rely information faster in voice than you can type it. So lets do something thats faster in more efficent. Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
suntaron
Noobcake
Noobcake

Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vent   Vent Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:52 am

Last night taking a 41 and 44 into MA (big mistake!) vent would't have saved one death as the 44 ran up and summoned the ice queens only to be one / two shot.

Vent saves lives!
Back to top Go down
iamdramadam
Nearly Addicted
Nearly Addicted

Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vent   Vent Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 12:02 pm

I like vent, it's a great way to talk your way through instances, and other zones, but I don't always use it, especially if I'm just logging in to play for a couple of hours and not really expecting to pair with anyone. I didn't realize that it cost money to use it either, is there is a free program that we could use?
Back to top Go down
Aoriu-DarkSheik
Admin
Admin
Aoriu-DarkSheik

Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vent   Vent Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 5:25 pm

Yes there is. One being called Teamspeak but with teamspeak its free up to a certain amount of people. And Ventrilo's voice system is more realistic then TS. And uses less system memory.
Back to top Go down
Zerosfate
BoE Fever
BoE Fever
Zerosfate

Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vent   Vent Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 8:32 pm

Hell.. I didn't even know that. I always assumed that Teamspeak was always a pay 2 use type of thing. they say you learn something new everyday lol
Back to top Go down
iamdramadam
Nearly Addicted
Nearly Addicted

Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vent   Vent Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:43 am

Yea I don't really like teamspeak, it depends on how many you get in there, but sometimes the voices seem to "blend" if you know what I mean, and becomes so hard to understand the voices sometimes...I
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vent   Vent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vent
Page 1 of 1